Below is a copy of the email announcing the last Probate and Trust Litigation Committee meeting. I apologize for not posting this sooner, but a very hectic trial schedule kept me away from the blog last week. Regardless, my principal reason for posting these announcements is to disseminate the attached reports/White Papers.
The committee meeting Agenda and Minutes contain the following reports/White Papers:
- Fiduciary Lawyer-Client Privilege: Approved by EC [ITEM 3]
- Arbitration clause in a will or trust is enforceable. Passed in Legislature 2007-HB 311 [ITEM 3]
- Exculpatory clause in a will: Passed in Legislature 2007 –HB 311[ITEM 3]
- Payment of trustee’s fees from trust assets: Pending approval of EC [ITEM 4]
- Crafting an appellate rule on which Orders are Appealable in a Probate Proceeding? Sean Kelley, Tom Karr, Peter Sachs [ITEM 5] (Appellate Rule Project – White Paper.pdf)
- Collateral Attack on the Validity of A Marriage after Death Based Upon Undue Influence Bill Hennessey, Laura Sundberg, Russ Snyder [ITEM 6]
- Revisions to Rule 1.525 concerning 30 day time limit for filing a motion for attorneys’ fees [ITEM 7] Angela Adams, Eric Virgil, Laura Sundberg (R. 1.525 – Taxation of fees.pdf, Family Law 12.525.pdf)
- ACTEC Model Arbitration Legislation. [ITEM 8] Bob Goldman
Questions/comments regarding the meeting should be directed to the committee chair: Jack A. Falk
From: Falk, Jack A. [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 7:10 PM
To: Falk, Jack A.
Subject: Probate and Trust Litigation Committee meeting on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 4:00 p.m. in Hollywood, Florida
Dear Committee Members,
The Probate and Trust Litigation Committee will be meeting from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at the Westin/Diplomat in Hollywood, Florida, in conjunction with the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section’s Executive Council meeting. Attached please find the Agenda and Minutes with pdf attachments that are part of the Agenda materials for the meeting.
I look forward to seeing you at the meeting! Jack
<<Appellate Rule Project – White Paper.pdf>> <<R. 1.525 – Taxation of fees.pdf>> <<Family Law 12.525.pdf>> <<Agenda and minutes May 2007.pdf>>