Miami Attorney Jack A. Falk, Jr., Chair of the Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar, distributed this agenda as well as this memorandum in connection with the following pending and proposed legislative initiatives discussed at the August 18, 2005 litigation committee meeting:
- Repeal of the Deadperson’s Statute.
- Contestability of Revocable Trusts. Status of proposed amendments to sections 2005->Ch0737->Section%202065#0737.2065″>737.2065, 2005->Ch0744->Section%20331#0744.331″>744.331 and 2005->Ch0744->Section%20441#0744.441″>744.441, Florida Statutes.
- Fiduciary Lawyer-Client Privilege.
- Enforcing arbitration clauses in wills and trusts.
- Use of trust assets to pay attorneys’ fees of the trustee in litigation against a beneficiary and proposed amendments to section 2005->Ch0737->Section%20403#0737.403″>737.403, Florida Statutes.