This is my running list of significant Florida trusts-and-estates related appellate opinions for 2020. If you think I’ve missed an important case that deserves wider notice, please let me know. As new decisions are published I’ll add them to the list. The cases listed below are hyper-linked to the court’s original opinion and any commentary I may have written about the case.
- In Re: Estate of John E. Robinson, — So.3d —-, 2020 WL 697795 (Fla. 3d DCA February 12, 2020) (paternity actions in probate; statute of limitations)
- Lopez v. Hernandez, 291 So.3d 1007 (Fla. 5th DCA February 28, 2020) (fee shifting in probate; personal liability; charging liens)
- Heritage Foundation v. Schmid, 291 So.3d 1018 (Fla. 2d DCA March 06, 2020) (fee shifting in will reformation/modification cases)
- Sacha Zaidman and Patricia Zaidman v. Natchaya Zaidman, — So.3d —-, 2020 WL 1696316 (Fla. 3d DCA April 08, 2020) (Belgian notarial will not valid in Florida)
- Warner v. Quicken Loans, Inc., 2020 WL 2097981 (M.D. Fla. May 01, 2020 Slip Copy) (fixing broken homestead orders)
- Demircan v. Mikhaylov, — So.3d —- 2020 WL 2550067 (Fla. 3d DCA May 20, 2020) (common law trust modification)